Monday at home

(For the sake of full disclosure, this is Jonathan Mayo, filling in for Ian Browne for the day at City of Palms Park).

Just a couple of quick notes prior to the game today against the Cardinals:

 – Nothing really new to report on Mike Lowell (thumb). He had the day off on Sunday and took live BP today. There’s no official timetable, but there was the hope he could see some game action by the end of the week. “I think he’d like to shoot for the end of the week to get into games,” Terry Francona said. “I’m not discouraging that. I just want to see him be OK. I don’t want to run him out there before he’s ready. Everybody gets anxious and I understand that. But we want to keep our eyes on him for this week and see how he’s doing.”

 – Daisuke Matsuzaka (back) seems to be feeling pretty good following his side session on Sunday. In an ideal world, he’d like to throw his next bullpen tomorrow. The logistics of the schedule may not allow that. The Redsox have a three-game swing on the East Coast beginning tomorrow. Pitching coach John Farrell is slated to go on the first day of the trip, so the Sox will likely try to delay Matsuzaka’s session until Wednesday so Farrell can be in attendance. “I think he’s chomping at the bit, which we’re glad [about],” Francona said. “But if we move it back one day, the rest will never hurt and John can be there for it, which is important.”

 — OF Zach Daeges‘ big-league camp experience is over before it really got the chance to get started. An non-roster invitee, Daeges hasn’t been able to play as he’s dealt with a lat injury. With it clear that he wouldn’t be ready to play in the next few days, the Red Sox informed Daeges that they were sending him over to the Minor League side so he could get more individualized attention for his injury. “It’s a shame. We kind of wanted to see him play and it’s obvious we’re not,” Francona said.


Hi Jonathon – welcome to Brownie Points!!!

I’m psyched – when I go to the Red Sox -Yankees game on May 7th – it is the Red Sox Home Base Night – their program to help returning Vets who suffer from PTSD and Brain Injuries. You can find out about their program here:

I’m delighted that I am going to be there that night!!

The posting times?? Is is 7:16 on my computer and that post has a time stamp of 8:03? Really? THAT IS INSANE!!!!

GREAT WORK by Beckett! 3 Ks in 3 perfect innings! Almost 7 IP for him and the BP. Pap, Oki, and Ramon all did very well. GO SOX!

Yesterday in the mail I received a big brown envelope from Ellen. I thought that with Ellen being Ellen, she probably sent me some gag thing to bring a little happiness to my day. When I opened it, and found the note and card signed by many of you, saying some very nice things, my emotions got the best of me. Jan was standing there with me and she just couldn’t believe something like that would, or could ever happen. Through this whole ordeal, I have received notes from some you and now this. I can’t tell you how much your thoughts, prayers, and well wishes have meant to me. I’m lost for words, and you all know that never happens to me. I feel closer to many of you than I do to some people I have known my whole life. Like I said in an earlier post this year, this kind of thing makes me want to work even more to somehow putting together a function where we can all get together and meet in person. Thank you all so much, from the bottom of my heart.

I’m not ready to throw from the mound yet, but I’ll be ready for opening day. I finish up my home care physical therapy this week. He has been pushing me pretty hard. I’m up to walking 1.2 miles a day and he has me going up and down the stairs twice every time I leave my second floor apartment. I’m also on an exercise program and I was able to start driving again last week. My brother, who was here helping out for a couple of weeks, left last Saturday and Jan is at work so I’m here by myself with no adult supervision. I’m pretty much 100 percent self sufficient at this point so that all OK. I head back to the doc on March 18th for X-rays and a checkup and I’m hopefully going to be able to get rid of this brace I’m having to wear. By the end of the day, it feels like it weighs 50 pounds. Also wearing this bone growth stimulator thing 4 hours a day. It supposedly generates an electro-magnetic pulse field that stimlates the growth of the bone in the fusion. I’m lucky, no screws or other hardware. The fusion was all done with bone they took from other parts of my spine when they did the laminectomy. Because there’s no hardware, it will take a little longer to heal, but since it’s all my own bone, there will be no issues with the fusion taking.

Enough medical stuff…… but that’s the update. Once again, thank you all so much. Your card and note will be put with my treasured things and will be with me for the rest of my life. Sincerely, Garry

So much for being at a l”loss for words”!!! lol
so glad that you got iy Garry. I was simply the final leg of this journey. Dave got everyone started and the ball just kept rolling.
Glad that you are doing so well. Keep up the hard work my friend!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: