Reyes decision looming

The Red Sox must tell Dennys Reyes if he is on the team by today, so he can decide whether to exercise his opt-out clause and become a free agent.

Reyes is in competition with Hideki Okajima, Matt Albers and Alfredo Aceves, as four pitchers are going for the final two spots in the bullpen.

“We’re still working on it,” Reyes said. It’s going to happen during the day today. my agent and them, they’re talking. I don’t know. But I have to wait and see what’s going to happen during this afternoon.”

“They’re talking, they don’t know yet. They’re still thinking, to make the best decision for the team. And I’m going to wait to see what they decide to do.”

He has already extended his opt-out deadline by 24 hours once. Would he do it again?
“We’ll see. We’ll see. That’s something, I and my agent have to talk about it. I just want to wait and see what they say.”

Why is the decision taking so long? “I think it’s easy to see, they have great pitchers competing. It’s a hard decision. Even for me, to decide is going to be hard. it’s a hard thing for them too. We’re going to have to wait.”

All things being equal, he’d  like to be with the Red Sox. “Yeah, I signed over here because I wanted to play for a contending team to be in the playoffs and I think this team is in a good position to do that.”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: